Do you know how to flip camera on zoom? Zoom is one of the most popular video conferencing software in the world. You can use it for all kinds of online meetings thanks to its very useful features and functions. However, one feature that really irritates the users is “Mirror My Video” in which your video is inverted just like a mirror.
Zoom is one of the very few companies that didn’t go into loss during the Covid-19 pandemic. The software was used for everything ranging from video conferences to online classes during the lockdown. But – the defaulted mirrored video is a source of constant frustration for everyone.
However, you need not worry. You can easily change the default settings and see the normal video in Zoom. The process involves only a few steps that are as below.
How to Flip Camera Laptop or Desktop?
A majority of people use Zoom on their laptops. It is more convenient than a smartphone due to bigger screens. Watching an inverted image of yourself can be quite excruciating and confusing at the same time. Therefore, it is better to remove the mirror effect on the desktop. You just need to follow these steps and your video will turn to normal.
- Open the Zoom desktop app.
- Click on “Settings” in the top right corner.
- Now, you will see various tabs regarding different settings. You have to click on the “Video” tab.
- Now look for the “Mirror My Video” option and unchecked the checkbox on the left.
- You have successfully removed the mirror effect from your videos. All your videos will be normal in the future.
How to Flip Camera on Zoon on Smartphones?
Watching an inverted image during an online meeting on your phone is not very comfortable as well. A growing number of people are using smartphones for their classes and meetings. Therefore, it is fitting to explain how to flip camera on zoom if you are using a smartphone.
- Open the Zoom app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the “Settings” option on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Find the “Meetings” options in the Settings tab and tap on it.
- Look for the “Mirror My Video” in the Meetings tab.
- Disable the mirroring effect by toggling right next to the Mirror My Video tab.
Now the color of the toggle should change from green to white. If everything goes right, you will see everyone as you should during the meeting without inverted backgrounds.
Now, you have learned how to flip camera on Zoom. You must know all the Zoom features, functions, and settings because it has become an integral part of our lives, especially after the outbreak. It will not only make your life easier but also present you as a knowledgeable person before others.